Friday, January 21, 2011

Media Studies Final Assignment

a) I think that technology makes us less productive.  For example, if I have my iPod with me at school and listen to music while I am supposed to be doing my work, I may not think it, but I will probably spend about 10 minutes looking for songs or doing other things on it.  So how can wasting 10 minutes looking for a song when I should be learning, be good for me?
b) The consequences are that if you switch from one thing to the next too often then this will shrink your brain because it isn't meant to switch gears so often onto so many different things, like when you are looking at the road ahead of you when you're driving one minute, at your phone the next, then back to the road.  That's an overload for your brain.
c) I think that this is true, because if you just look something up quickly on the internet and don't have to look through a book or something, then there is less chance of stumbling on something of interest or learning more about the subject.

1 comment:

  1. Great reflective response Savannah. It has been a pleasure having you in Media Studies this year.

    ReplyDelete